Please note that the lobby is made available for the convenience of our students and their families. We ask that you please respect the classes in session and the areas around you - please allow room for dancers to change shoes.
We ask that the noise level from siblings and parents waiting be kept reasonable when classes are in session. Please only bring water and tightly covered drinks. Your courtesy will be greatly appreciated. Students and parents should not go behind the office desk for any reason. Should you need help with something, please ask one of our staff members. Parents and students should never interrupt a class in session. Children must be supervised at all times and are not free to run around the lobby, hallways or classroom areas. Never speak negatively about teachers, students, or parents from other studios – this includes social media. All students must show respect for their teachers at all times. Inappropriate behavior could result in dismissal from the studio.
NO gum, food or sodas are permitted in the dance studios. Students must eat snacks/dinner in the lobby area. Water bottles are permitted. NO CELL PHONES allowed in the classroom. If a student’s cell phone is seen it will remain at the desk for the rest of the evening.
- Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 3:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Facebook and Instagram - Make sure you follow us to keep up to date on info.
- Studio Bulletin Boards - Important information is always posted on our studio bulletin board located in the hallway.
All important information sent out in email will also be hanging in the hallway for a personal hard copy.
Students should arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before their class begins, and should be picked up promptly after each class is over. The studio is not responsible for students once their class is dismissed.
Students are not allowed to participate in a class if they arrive 15 minutes past the start time, unless you have let the studio know you are coming late from a prior engagement.
Stage Door has the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is unable to teach the class.
Students should not miss a class because they know a teacher will be covering their class.
Snow Closures or Weather Related Closures
We DO NOT follow PWC for weather related closures or delays, so please check your email or our Facebook page prior to coming to class, as we will send out a notification. Afternoon and evening classes will be announced by 2pm.
All tuition for the dance studio is based on the season with 10 installments (Aug. - June), not by the class or month. Payments may be made for 10 sessions:
- Payment 1: August 28th (Late September 5th)
- Payment 2: September 25th (Late October 2nd)
- Payment 3: October 23rd (Late November 3rd
- Payment 4: November 20th (Late December 4th)
- Payment 5: December 18th (Late January 3rd)
- Payment 6: January 22th (Late February 5th)
- Payment 7: February 19th (Late March 5th)
- Payment 8: March 19th (Late April 5th)
- Payment 9: April 16th (Late May 1st)
- Payment 10: May 21st (Late June 4th)
- Monthly tuition can be paid with cash, checks, credit, or debit cards. Cash and checks can be placed in the tuition box on the desk.
- You can also pay online by clicking here.
- If you would prefer to have your tuition taken care of monthly, by automatic debit, please see a staff member at the lobby desk for a form.
- This year all families will have their own account on The Studio Director you can log in to see your balance and submit payments.
Late fees will be assessed for unpaid balances. Any account unpaid by the late day (regardless of the reason) will automatically be charged a late fee of $25.00.
If you make a payment late, please be sure to include the late fee with your payment. Thank you for your cooperation.
The returned check fee is $25.00 and must be paid immediately upon notice. Any accounts with an unpaid balance exceeding 45 days will result in the dancer not being permitted into class until payment is received in full.
Missed classes may be made up within one month of your absence. No credit or refund is given for student absences, holiday closures or weather related closures.
It’s important that students abide by a dress code policy for the following reasons:
- A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance. Also, teachers must be able to see the dancer's body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
- Hair must be pulled up for all classes. Hair must be in a bun for ballet classes. No t-shirts, GUM or baggy sweat pants.
- ALL ballet students must wear a black leotard and pink tights for ballet. NO shorts allowed.
- For all other classes leotards, sports bras and tight fitting bottoms are allowed.
It is very important to have ALL of your shoes with you for every class.
Jazz: SO495L Bloch Neo-Flex Tan
Lyrical: SO495L Bloch Neo-Flex Tan
Hip Hop: Teacher will inform each class of specific shoe for needed: tennis shoes or combat boots.
Creative Movement/Combo/Princes Ballerina: Tan tap shoes & pink ballet shoes
Tap: 301 Bloch Shoes Black
Tap Senior and Junior Company: Jason Samuel Smith Lace Up Tap Shoe
Heels: Capezio Adult Studded "Rebel" Boot ( Style: 601W )
Lost and Found
All students need to have their name on the inside of all belongings at the end of every 2 months all clothes left for that time will be donated.